Ticket package Convent of St. Johann
Benefit from 20% discount
Starting in the cloister, your museum visit takes you into the vast cellar of the 10th century Planta Tower and then continues to the three floors of the tower. As you go through the building you will be able to experience a „convent within the convent“. Along the way you will see reception and living areas, sleeping quarters and prayer areas, as well as the beautiful little Hohenbalken room, which dates from the Baroque period. Find out about archeological discoveries and admire some of the convent’s art history treasures and jewels. Visit the church of the convent, which harbours the world’s largest and best-preserved cycle of Carolingian and Romanesque paintings as well as the oldest statue of Charlemagne. Take some time to explore the Convent of St. Johann in Müstair – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Save 20% with this ticket package on
- PostBus ticket from anywhere within Graubünden to Müstair, Clostra Son Jon and back
- Voucher for admission to the St. Johann Convent Museum
- Free admission for children up to 5 years
- Passengers with a flat-fare pass (GA travelcard, 1-day travelpass, employee pass, Swiss Pass, general travelcard, etc.) can purchase the discounted admission from PostBus sales offices in Graubünden or from PostBus drivers (discounted combined admission not available directly on-site/from our partner)
- Groups benefit from the regular discounts for groups of 10 and more on postbus tickets and admissions. Ticket and admission must therefore be purchased separately and are excluded from the ticket package.
- The ticket package is available only at PostBus sales offices in Graubünden and from PostBus drivers
Timetable / travel information
You will find the entire Swiss public transport timetable online here.
Route open all year
The Engadin–Meran Route (90.811) is open all year.
The Stelvio Route (90.821) Müstair–Sta. Maria Val Müstair–Stelvio–Bormio–Tirano only operates during the summer months (for exact dates, refer to timetable).
Take the postbus to the Mustäir, Clostra Son Jon stop.
Engadine–Merano Route: For the 81111 line (departs from Zernez, staziun at 9.34 the obligatory seat reservations can be made up until 17.30 the day before.
For groups of 10 and more, seat reservations are necessary. Tel. +41 81 856 10 90 or online.
Stelvio Route: For line 82103 (departs from Müstair, Clostro Son Jon at 9.,10) and line 82104 (departs from Tirano Stazione at 13.45 seat reservation is necessary.
For groups of 10 and more, seat reservations are necessary. Tel. +41 81 858 51 66 or online.
Bicycle transport fixtures available in/on the vehicle.
You can find more information at Biking and Postbus.
The 81111 line (09.34 from Zernez, staziun) has no bike transport service.
Reservation mandatory for groups: Tel. +41 81 856 10 90 Mon–Fri from 8 a.m. to 12 noon and from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
the obligatory reservations can be made up until 19.00 the day before: Tel. +41 81 858 51 66.
Some vehicles on route 90.811 are wheelchair accessible. Information tel. +41 58 856 10 90.
Route 90.821 is not wheelchair accessible.